Friday, January 14, 2011

Gettin better all the time!

So today is day 17.  I am feeling very energized and happy. I noticed a few things today:
1.) I am not having cravings for all of the old junk that I ate.
2.) Medifast has helped me realize that I don't need a giant glass of hot cocoa or a big giant meal all the time. I am full with theses little portions and I feel like when I do begin introducing regular foods back in, I will be able to cut down BIG TIME on my portions. I now know what full and hungry feels like.

  Last night I ate 3 eggs for dinner topped with some fresh salsa. I cooked the eggs and plated them. Next I put the fresh salsa into the pan and then I stirred it until it was warm. Be careful not to over cook it. I really wanted to add salt and pepper to my eggs out of habit but I refrained and it was actually a very good meal.

Later on in the evening I felt a little sick to my stomach (I think a little bug was going around). I skipped my last meal and ended up just falling asleep early.

Today was a great day!! I went to work and got in 4 meals. Shared some highlights of medifast with a few coworkers and then I headed to the gym to continue my triathlon training. My concern with medifast is that I need to monitor my meals and my gym time. Biking for 20 min and running for 20 min and doing abs or weights for 10-20 min burns off 2+ meals. Also, very important- get in about 80 oz+ of water when you are working out. This food is dehydrated and you are *Glistening* so you need to make sure you are staying hydrated. I did my work out just after I ate a bar and I felt great and energized afterwards. I came home and cooked dinner and washed dishes. Normally I come home, cook dinner and sit down for the rest of the night. Tonight's dinner  I took a chicken breast and pan grilled it. Then I added some water and McCormick Taco seasoning (about 1 TBS). Next I made a Green romaine lettuce salad and added some Cherry tomatoes and cucumbers. Rather than using salad dressing I added fresh salsa (Giant) and a 1/4 tsp. of Franks red hot. It was delicious and very filling. I couldn't finish the whole meal.

Tonight we are leaving for Maryland for the day. I packed a ton of food because the good thing about medifast- there are so many choices that I never know what I will be in the mood for!!!
Cheers
 ~K

No comments:

Post a Comment