Sunday, November 13, 2011

On a new Journey

I started this blog to track my journey to a new lifestyle. Yesterday I achieved one of my biggest goals since I started. I completed my first Half Marathon. http://www.richmondmarathon.com/ I not only completed the race but I crushed my goals of running it in under 3 hours and running the entire race without stopping. My time was 2:21:03. This is a feeling that you cannot buy, I have never had an experience like this- it took me about 16 weeks to train for this race and I couldn't have asked for a better race.
It has been a long year full of Races, changing eating habits, triathlons and now a half marathon. As I am letting my body recover from yesterday~ I am starting to think about my next goal. A full marathon? Another Half? Tough Mudder? I wasn't sure what to do... UNTIL:
My sister called me and told me that she had a new journey for me. I was intrigued~ turns out I accepted this challenge and I can't wait!!!
After following my year of life change, Amanda has decided to start her own journey and has asked me to support her, encourage her and teach her how to start living a healthier lifestyle. What I found encouraging about this conversation was the fact that she doesn't want to do it for her husband, her parents, sisters or friends. She wants to be on this adventure for herself and for her children. She decided that she doesn't want her children to think it is okay to sit around and do nothing, she wants to show them how to be healthy and active at a young age so they grow up making good choices. Our first journey together will be a 5k race  http://pacersevents.com/lovetherun/index.html. We will be training for our first race together on February 12,2012!
This will be a fun journey full of laughter, tears, hard times and a lot of reward at the end.
Please join us with encouragement, thoughts and prayers for the next few months as we meet our goals together. :)

4 comments:

  1. love this!! Amanda you're going to do amazing! You have an incredible "trainer" there for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! Kimberly you are such an amazing person and sister!! Amanda we are all with you on this journey! Last year I couldn't run a mile and on Saturday I ran 5!! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendayl- hopefully I can help Amanda as much as you helped me!!
    Kelli- I shared your story with Amanda and she was so encouraged- Told her how you and I couldn't even make it a mile on our first 5k and look at us now!!!! You are awesome.
    Love that I have you girls in my life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much ladies! I am so excited! Nad Kendayl, you are correct! I do have an incedible trainer! She has been a huge inspiration! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete