Monday, November 14, 2011

Menu options for a week~

This is just a little example of some healthier eating habits. The entire Life Change eating habit is based on 2 different weight loss theories that I have been living by for almost a year. One, is Medifast's idea of eating 5 small meals throughout the day and then 1 Lean and Green meal for dinner. Two, is the 4 hour body http://www.fourhourbody.com/ by Tim Ferris. Since January, I have lost 35 pounds and for 2 months of that I didn't work out. I have not gained a single pound back and I have been eating this way consistently because it is so easy and I don't have to think, spend lots of money or measure out my meals.
The idea is to stay on a strict eating schedule all week long and then one day a week you can have a free day where you eat whatever you want. If you are like me, you will agree that eating right on the weekends is hard. Especially when you go out, entertain, or just want to have a guilt free treat after working so hard all week. Since this is not a diet, we don't want to deprive ourselves of good food! If we did that, we would never stick with the life change. This isn't a diet, it is a life change! I know I have said it several times but it is true - don't start a diet you can't continue forever. The meal plan you are about to see is just an idea of what I eat all week, you can change it, switch the meals around and do it however you see fits best for your schedule. Because I teach, this works best for me.

GOAL: The goal for the first month is to ween your body off sugar and to "RESET" your body's eating habits and metabolism.

DRINK: 64oz of water at least. Buy a 32oz bottle and carry it around all day and make sure that before your head hits the pillow at night, you've filled that bottle 2 times. Avoid sugary drinks - you can have coffee, herbal tea, unsweetened tea and if you really can't handle the water- try some benefiber mix in or the crystal lights (limit: one per day) (Pay Attention to the Sugar). Milk- if you are going to drink milk try to limit it to 1/2c. a day!
AVOID: Do not eat fruit or anything high in sugar for the first month. Read the labels of foods before you eat them. You want High Fiber, low Sodium, Low Carbs and Low Sugar. You need about 20 Grams of fiber a day and no more than 1700 calories a day (for weightloss).

IMPORTANT: Get in all of your meals- eating too little will not help you lose weight, it can actually cause your body to store fat. Don't skip meals because then you will find yourself looking for food and eating whatever is in your path- Yes, I know all of this from experience ;)
*I should let you know that I am not an expert, I just know what worked for me and several of my friends that have also followed this plan.*




No comments:

Post a Comment