Sunday, November 13, 2011

My new exciting, scary, emotional, you name it Journey!

Well, here I am about to embark on this exciting,scary,emotional etc... journey! I mean, im sure it wont be as painful or torturing as childbirth! Right..... We will see! Anyway, I was talking to my sister who ran her FIRST half marathon! Kudos, to you dear sister for accomplishing your goal! Let me just say, I am doing this journey BECAUSE of you! You have inspired me! My goal that I am going to accomplish is.... dun dun dun... TRAINING FOR A 5k in February. I have decided to do this, after I spoke to my sister today about her race. It was amazing, some of the stories that she shared with me. I just didnt want to be that woman/mother who just sat around on the couch, with her nose in the computer or watching television, all the while EATING! I also, didnt want to set this example for my two beautiful children, Jaden and Maggie. As a parent, I feel like I need to show my children the "correct" way of living a healthy lifestyle! So here I am, starting Monday (tomorrow) I will be training for my first race. Let me say it again, MY FIRST RACE! I am so excited. I know that I am going to have tough times and tears! I also know, that I have my amazing husband and family behind me! I am so excited to start this journey with my sister, whom I love so much! Cant wait to complete this goal that I have set before me!

No comments:

Post a Comment