Thursday, February 9, 2012

*Valentine's Day Comes Early for this Lucky Girl*

Long day at work, traffic on my way home, starving tummy and a shocking surprise. I came home to my gorgeous husband whipping up a special meal for me in the kitchen. Yes! I am blessed :) He knew I would be starving and he decided to treat me to a meal. Not only did he look adorable in his sweater and jeans while he was working in the kitchen but the meal was fantastic too. He got "creative in the kitchen" and created his own baked chicken recipe complete with a strawberry salad side.

Brandon's Baked Pineapple Chicken

Ingredients:
2 Chicken breasts
1 C. Pineapple Chunks
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 TBS Olive oil
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
2 tsp Rosemary, lavender blend (any herb blend will work- this was a light herb option that paired well with the light summery pineapple flavor)

Process:
He preheated the oven to 350F.
Place tin foil on a cookie sheet and brushed it with olive oil.
Place chicken and pineapple on on tin foil and brush with olive oil.
Sprinkle seasonings on the chicken and place in the oven for 20 minutes.

While chicken was cooking he sliced some Strawberries and placed them on a plate.

When chicken timer went off Brandon checked each piece for a "done" center and then plated it with the strawberries. For an increased flavor add a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette on the strawberries and Pineapple.

Tonight reminds me of how blessed I am to have a caring, loving and encouraging husband. One who knows my feelings and where to jump in (most of the time) without me even having to ask. For a couple that doesn't celebrate Valentine's Day- I think I will have to prepare something special for him this year :)

Had to Sneak a photo ;) too cute!

Brandon- you can make this any time you want! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment