Monday, February 6, 2012

Giants win the Superbowl


While all of those football players are running around, breaking a sweat, getting a ridiculous workout, I was sitting on my butt eating!  

I believe in a little indulgence every once in a while and believe me, I took advantage yesterday when the Giants were in the Superbowl! We went to my parents house and they did a make your own Pizza night- I decided to at least make my own crust and have a healthier pizza. But then I had to try this fabulous Giants cake, so I had a bite or two (worth it Allyson, thanks!) Then Mikalanne made my favorite buffalo chicken dip complete with Herr's potato chips and corn tortilla chips. What is a Superbowl if you don't eat chips and dip?  I had a blast eating and hanging with my family while our team beat the Patriots- my tummy definitely paid for it today. I feel bloated and not hungry. I practiced a fasting for most of the day and then munched on some seeds and veggies before making it to the gym and dinner. 
What I have learned: 
1.) Indulge every once in a while because you work so hard and you deserve it. However, take the day off work after a day you know you are going to indulge so you can lay in bed and do whatever you need to do to make your tummy stop cramping!

2.) Enjoy your favorite foods with your family but try to eat as much of the healthier foods as possible (make your own crust, bring your own dessert if you know you are going to be eating a pasta meal. Try not to over indulge in each meal time). 

3.) Enjoy life and family as often as possible! 


Dig in, I did!

My dad and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment