Sunday, February 19, 2012

And Im feeling gooood!

Last week, I was told I have a low thyroid and that I would have to be put on medicine. (Great, something else to add to my issues with my weight!) My doctor told me that this was part of the reason I wasn't losing weight. I noticed that my weight wasn't going up or down. Ugh! I was also told that I would have to change my diet, so that I won't gain weight. I called my sister, who is into Paleo. She told me to try it out. I have done a few things paleo, but not all the way. Still looking into it. I have to convince my husband to do the same. He's not too sure about it. It won't be hard to coax him into it.
Now to the title of my post, and why I say I am feeling good....
Yesterday morning, my husband, children, and I took a drive into Morgantown, West Virginia. We decided to venture over to Old Navy. I wanted to try on some jeans. I found two pairs that I really liked. I picked out the size that I had been wearing, since having my daughter 8 months ago. They were too big!! YES!!! So I went to the next size, too big!!! The next too big!! Then finally I found my size!! I dropped 4 PANT SIZES!! I am one size away from being what I was, when I got married! If I can do that, I know I want to drop more. Maybe get to the size I was in highschool!! That would be AMAZING!
So, here's to me dropping more pant sizes!!!! and TRYING paleo!

2 comments:

  1. Good job!!! And try Paleo. Just go for it. Our family is so happy. I have 4 kids and we all do it. No junky snacks for them, no, not even goldfish or cereal. Maybe once a month they get steel cut oatmeal for a treat. Ask kimberly for my email if you have questions about kids and paleo. It can be done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda - funny how I feel like I know you so well and haven't met you! I know how tough having a low thyroid can be. Don't let it discourage you - let it give you cause to fight hard! There are a number of great resources in books out there, Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels is my favorite. If you want to talk about the in's and out's of low thyroid have Kimberly give you my email or number. Best of luck, Stefani

    ReplyDelete