Monday, March 5, 2012

BLT and Egg Breakfast Sandwiches

A few posts ago I posted about President's Day tortilla's. Since then I was really trying to think of how I could use them for other meals. Tonight it came to me that they were kind of like an English Muffin or a Pita when I didn't flatten them and fry them to make them crispy. So tonight I made delicious BLT Egg Breakfast Sandwiches and they were delicious. 

Ingredients:
2 C. Almond Flour
2 Eggs
1 tsp Salt
¼ tsp chili powder
6 drips of Tabasco Sauce

For Frying: 1 tsp Olive oil or coconut oil

Process: 

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well.
Roll into a ball (about the size of a golf ball. Hand flatten into a nice circle- You don't want them to be paper thin (as thick as an English Muffin or thin pita) 

Heath Coconut Oil in a skillet until it is warmed (about mid to low heat- 3.5ish). 
Place flattened dough into the coconut oil for about 30 seconds on each side (should be lightly browned).
*You don't want them too thin or cooked too long because then it will make a chip rather than a soft pita. 
Remove and place on a paper towel to dry.

Next cook Bacon and eggs, slice tomato, lettuce, veggies of your choice, for Brandon I sliced some Cheddar Cheese. 

Plate your Sandwich and enjoy! This was a great pre-gym meal, it had a lot of protein and it gave me energy boost I needed to Kick box while Brandon swam a mile in the pool! 




MMMM! It doesn't even crumble when you bite into it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment