Monday, March 12, 2012

Birthdays, Going Aways, Parties... Oh MY!



My dad's 50th Birthday, Sophie's going away party, Dinner guests- Whoa! We have had a busy week.
We ate pizza, chocolate, Sour Cream cake, Lemon bars and a few corn chips. Not going to try and pretend like I didn't enjoy it. Most of it was awesome.
My theory is- You have to enjoy life, try foods on your tummy and figure out what works for you. I figured out that pizza and cheese- not my best friend (major tummy cramps-couldn't even finish my wine!) Chocolate is fine (YAY!) Sour Cream cake (not sure because it was on the same day as the pizza but I couldn't pass up daddy's cake) Lemon bars, while delicious, my tummy can't handle the sugar.If you can handle a pizza, enjoy it every once in a while but if you are like me- stick with the salad and some meat! :)

What I noticed the most about eating this way was that my energy was low and I was more anxious than I had been in a long time.  

I had a blast this weekend but I am going to have to limit my partying and sugar intake. Sugar is too much for my body- I am going to try and stick to natural sugars for now since my stomach likes that much more.
Pizza- I don't care to eat you anymore- Let's not even talk about it!!!

The good news: Brandon and I are 3 weeks into our training for a 10 miler and feeling great. We ran 4 miles in Fair Hill, Maryland on Sunday and it was beautiful. Perfect weather, great views and we even saw deer and birds along the way. We both decided we liked running outside way better than the treadmill. We are looking forward to our race in Philly- only 7 weeks away.
Sour Cream Cake that I made for my Dad- his favorite

Goodbye Sophie!
Loved the warm weather at Granny and Poppy's pond!
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment