Monday, March 19, 2012

Ginger, Lemon and Sea Salt Roast

On days like today, it was nice to come home to a roast in the crock pot!

After a long day of teaching inside in 74 degree weather, I decided to play outside in my front yard. I removed some rocks, re-structured some flower beds, transplanted some roses, re-built the rock bed around our maple tree and cleaned up some leaves. I even found a garter snake and named him Freddy- then I put him in the  flower bed covered him with a rock and some dirt and mulch. Naturally, I started a project and didn't stop until Brandon forced me to come inside because we couldn't see any more! (I HATE stopping in the middle of projects but... I don't want to meet a bigger snake in the dark.)

It's a start to a lot of much needed curb appeal!

We came in and dinner was already warmed and waiting to be eaten. I made a Roast and a simple side salad to go with it. Might even eat a piece of pie again for dessert.

Before I post the recipe, I also wanted to share this interesting article that Brandon sent me today. It talks about the 10 most commonly prescribed drugs and how they don't fix the problem, they only mask the symptoms. *This is especially common with a lot of Thyroid medications, Osteoporosis and Pain medications. The article explains how we could be using natural cures rather than spending thousands of dollars on medications. My personal favorite advice was as follows: "Here is another tasty heart-smart move: Eating a small square of dark chocolate three to four times a week may be 25 times as effective as taking statins for preventing heart disease, says Dr. Teitelbaum." Yum! OKAY! Check it out, learn something and share it with others.

Ginger, Lemon and Sea Salt Roast

  • 1 Ginger Root, Peeled and Diced
  • 2 Tbs Chili Powder
  • 1 Tbs Sea Salt
  • 2 cloves Garlic, whole
  • Half a lemon, juice only
  • 1 1/2 LB Venison Roast (or any roast)
  • 2 Cups of water
  • 1 Tsp Coconut amino's (you can use soy or Worcestershire sauce)
Place all of the ingredients in a crock pot and cook for 6-7 hours on low heat. This is a fresh, herbal roast and perfect for an early spring meal. Enjoy

I will leave you with this quote that a good friend sent me tonight:

"It's impossible" said pride. "It's risky" said experience. "It's pointless" said reason. "Give it a try" whispered the heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment