Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Brazilian Cheese Bread

This my friends is what happens when your husband is away and you have nothing to do... Sit on the couch, chat with friends, get inspired to make food. I googled recipe's using Tapioca flour and this is what I found. Breads using tapioca flour rather than wheat flour. I came across a few Brazilian puffs and decided to do a little recipe combining. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 Egg (room temperature)
  • 1/3 C Olive Oil
  • 2/3 C Whole Milk (Grass Fed, Farm Fresh)
  • 1 1/2 C Tapioca Flour
  • 1/2 C  Grated cheese, I used Gouda because that is all I had in the fridge. Great choice!
  • 1 tsp Sea Salt 
  • ¼ tsp Garlic for a soup bread or 1/4 cinnamon + 1 tsp Honey for a dessert bread
Process: 
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Grease a mini-muffin pan with coconut oil
  3. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and pulse on medium/high until all is well blended. Scrape blender if needed.
  4. Pour batter into mini muffin pan. Fill it all the way up without over flow. I got about 22 mini muffins out of this batter. 
  5. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Do not over cook bread should be chewy and light. 
  6. Serve warm! I tried them alone (delicious), with butter and honey (amazing). They would also be outstanding with some fresh jam or with a bowl of chicken soup.
So what do they taste like? They are chewy and light. They are not overwhelmingly cheesy (could be the choice of cheese or the fact that I added just barely a half cup) but I am not a cheese fan. These would be considered Primal not Paleo because of the dairy. 

These reheat and if you want them for a dinner, you can save the batter in the fridge for about a week. 







Tastes like a warm roll! YUM





No comments:

Post a Comment