Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Nights and Friends

Last night Brandon and I were invited to dinner at a friends house. Normally this is a task of trying to prepare ourselves to eat what we can with being polite and trying not to walk out with stomach issues! However, last night we went to our friends house and they had a great meal prepared for us. The appetizer was Trader Joe's trail mix, sliced apples, these delicious vacuum dried bananas (they melt into real delicious bananas in your mouth..YUM) and some sliced aged cheese. Erinn is a chef and did a delicious lamb roast on the grill with herbs and (his favorite... garlic). For our side dish we had sting beans and grape tomatoes sauteed in spices and olive oil. I was in charge of dessert and I made some Cashew butter and Marshmallow Chocolate candies (recipe will follow soon). I am mostly writing this post because the backyard was adorable and I got some cute pictures. No recipes, no rants, no lessons just yummy food pictures and sharing a meal idea that you could create yourself! 


mms_picture.jpg
Adorable table that Erinn and Brandon picked up last week at a local Antique store! So sad it didn't come to my house
                




0410121929.jpg
My first time eating lamb! It was really good.  (well besides the mint jelly crap I tried on a cruise ship-gross)
                


0410121936.jpg
My Plate!


                             

No comments:

Post a Comment