Thursday, April 19, 2012

Brussel Sprouts are not Gross!

My dear friend Kendayl just bought a house and is currently fixing it up. She just re-did her kitchen and tonight I went over and she cooked me dinner! I was a little nervous (not because of her cooking, she is a great cook). I was nervous because she told me she was making me eat brussel sprouts. I was so scared to eat them but I figure, I make Brandon try new foods so I should too. Kendayl placed them on a cookie sheet with some olive oil, rosemary, onion salt and garlic. Then she placed them in the oven until they were a little crispy. When she pulled them out I had instant flash backs of my parents making me try them when I was little and crying and probably spitting some into a napkin hahaha. She served them with delicious herb encrusted chicken and a Spinach salad with yellow onion, tomato and a homemade balsamic dressing. 


Finally the time arrived, she made me eat one. I loved them and got seconds. I really liked them and I even plan on buying some and making them for me. (I promised Brandon I wouldn't make him try them a long time ago... so I have to keep my promise but I am betting if they are on my plate, he will try one)
They were good because some were soft but there were also these crispy pieces that were amazing. I am going to try them on the grill and try to give them a nice smokey flavor.


After dinner we had some great chats and laughter. Much needed time together. Then it was my turn, I taught her how to make some of my candies and we did some experimenting by adding some coconut and raisins to the cashew nut butter candies (good call Kendayl)! 


It was so much fun cooking, baking and sharing this time together. I love my friends and I love sharing meals with people. Looking forward to more nights like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment