Monday, January 2, 2012

Holidays are over and a New year has begun...





Yummy Christmas morning treat!

Christmas Eve 2012
This Christmas was not an easy one. My sister is in Australia and didn't make it home, this was really hard on all of us :( Christmas will never be the same without all of the people you love. It was hard being home and seeing that things have changed and all the traditions we use to have, we can't have anymore. Everyone is growing up and the Holiday's always seem to bring that out. While those things have passed, new things have come. Brandon and I had an absolute blast at home with our families. We got to see our Niece Maggies first Christmas and she was so fun. We couldn't believe that a 6 month old could be so fun, she actually tried to open gifts and ATE everything in sight including Brandon's watch!! She is in love with her Uncle Brandon- and he didn't seem to mind ;) My nephew Jaden and I spent a lot of time together. We baked, walked, made crafts and play a lot. He was really fun this Christmas and was so excited about every gift he recieved.  
 Jaden and I at Turkey Point Lighthouse
 
Uncle Brandon and Maggie
We went on a lot of walks and I even got to go for a couple run/walks with my mom. Being home made me miss being close to the water- there is nothing prettier than a run to the beautiful river.  




Lots of food paired with lots of walking and moving means I didn't gain any weight this Christmas but not sure I lost any either. We definitely had some cheats because Brandon couldn't pass up his uncles PB fudge, his aunts chocolate dipped PB crackers or bread at Sullivans steak house and Paradise grill! I couldn't pass up a few drinks with my family, Chocolate dipped PB crackers, Poppy's cheese crackers or GW cheesecake. Philly pretzels at the Winter Classic Alumni game.These cheats were worth it and I would do it all over again. Thanks to both our families for always providing Meat, veggies and lots of fruit that Brandon and I could eat- we love you all very much and wish it was Christmas all year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment